by Dr. Kat Smith
As you develop your own set of dating parameters, consider the fact that every individual has their own way of processing data and running their programs for each situation to determine whether or not to connect hard drives, if you get my application of the technological language.
First, let’s look at a few pick-up lines both men and women have used to start the conversation:
- Do you have a license to look that good?
- Hey baby, sit on my face so I can guess your weight.
- If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
- You must be tired because you’ve been running through my mind all day.”
- Flip a coin and see what my chances are of getting a head [with you].
- Are you okay after taking that long fall from heaven?
- Do you play pro ball?
- I’ve heard sex is a killer. Want to die happy?
- You must be the reason for global warming because you’re hot.
- I have Skittles in my mouth, wanna taste the rainbow?
- If I had a garden, I’d put your tulips and my tulips together.
- I would say God bless you but it looks like he already did.
Instead of trying to be clever with one of the above or creating your own, try opening with something simple and straight like; “Hi, my name is John/Mary, and I thought I’d come over and say hello.” No one needs lines if you think they’re cute or interesting.
Ladies, don’t be afraid to initiate a date. You can still follow the traditional rule of pursuit which allows him his manhood and also lets you know if he’s interested in you.
Understanding the dating program language is key to a successful upload. Here are some tips to let the dating flow smoothly and help you get to know each other better.
- Don’t open up or pour your heart out too soon.
- Don’t talk about your ex, (good or bad) or any other lovers, even if they ask. Make it a rule.
- Be yourself. Don’t try to imitate another ethnic, social, or cultural personality. It may be offensive to your date and make you look stupid.
- Listen attentively to your date. Try to find interest in the subject or change it until you find one that complements both of you.
- Stay present in the date and leave the social media for after and put your phone on vibrate.
- If asked how your date looks, answer honestly if they look good or find something you like and compliment that one thing, honestly.
- Share in the conversation. When you listen more than you talk, you can hear what is being said.
- Don’t use your fingernails as an eating utensil or clean food from underneath fingernails with your tongue.
- Don’t eat from your date's plate unless invited.
- Don’t primp. Get your look together before your date. Get a final look in your car or in the restroom at your meeting place. Don't constantly fuss with your hair and stare in every reflective surface around.
- Men, bring back the romance of dating. Bring flowers and be a gentleman. She may not be the one for you, but I bet you will make her smile.
- On a date in which he initiates, don’t go dutch, or share the bill. Allow him to be the man. If you initiate, then you should pay, but choose a restaurant that you would frequent. That way you won’t get stuck with an expensive bill if you are not interested in dating further.
- Be the first to end the phone conversation or date. Be illusive and try not to check in on Facebook everywhere you go. Let them think you are busy.
- Don’t drink or text and drive. An accident could not only wreck the date, but also end your lives.
Dating is an opportunity to defrag your dating program to see if you are running on the same version. With the right upload, your relationship could be running smooth without any glitches.
As author of several books and engaging speaker, Dr. Kat also manufactures romantic games, products and programs for both couples and individuals.